- Ask yourself: What do I want to change in my health service?
- What do I want to know from my patients?
- Identify the type of consumers who will have this information and can provide it to you.
- Consider appropriate strategies for involving these consumers in your service.
- Read more about consumer involvement strategies for health professionals.
Before starting, check your readiness with this quick checklist for health professionals.
How have other health professionals involved consumers?
- redesign of waiting areas
- reviewing architectural plans for new wards
- peer support for other consumers after cancer diagnosis
- providing input into day surgery process
- clinical reviews for the prevention of adverse events
- quality improvement projects
- discharge from ward process
Read about what other health professionals think about involving consumers